CAS No. 118-58-1 (Benzyl salicylate )
Molecular Formula: C14H12O3Molecular Weight: 228.25
Identification of 118-58-1
- Benzyl salicylate (Related Reference)
- Molecular Formula:
- CAS Registry Number:
- Salicylicacid, benzyl ester (6CI,7CI,8CI); Benzyl 2-hydroxybenzoate; Benzyl o-hydroxybenzoate; NSC 6647;
- Molecular Structure:
- This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- almost colorless liquid
- Molecular Weight:
- Boiling Point:
- Melting Point:
- Flash Point:
- Storage Temperature:
- Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
- Refractive index:
- Slightly soluble in water
- No data.
Used as a fixer in as an aroma for perfumes.
Safety Data of 118-58-1
- Risk Codes:
- Safety Statements:
- MSDS infomation:
- Benzyl salicylate (118-58-1).msds
Related Products Information
References of Benzyl salicylate cas 118-58-1
||FCTXAV ?? Food and Cosmetics Toxicology. 11 (1973),1029.
Moderately toxic by ingestion. See also BENZYL ALCOHOL, SALICYLIC ACID, and ESTERS. Combustible when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. Incompatible with oxidizing materials.
Hazard Codes? Xi
Risk Statements? 36/37/38?
R36/37/38:Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Safety Statements? 26-36-24/25?
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.?
S36:Wear suitable protective clothing.?
S24/25:Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
WGK Germany? 2