CAS No. 541-15-1 (L(-)-Carnitine )
Molecular Formula: C7H15NO3Molecular Weight: 161.2
Identification of 541-15-1
- L(-)-Carnitine (Related Reference)
- Molecular Formula:
- CAS Registry Number:
- Vitamin BT; Ammonium, (3-carboxy-2-hydroxypropyl)trimethyl-, hydroxide, inner salt, L- (8CI); (-)-(R)-3-Hydroxy-4-(trimethylammonio)butyrate; (2S)-3-carboxylato-2-hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethylpropan-1-aminium; (S)-carnitine; 1-Propanaminium, 3-carboxy-2-hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyl-, inner salt, (2R)-; Ammonium, (3-carboxy-2-hydroxypropyl)trimethyl-, hydroxide,inner salt; Levocarnitine (USP); L-carnitine(VBt); Car-OH; L-Carnitine Base(Usp29); Carnitor (TN); (3S)-3-hydroxy-4-trimethylammonio-butanoate; Carniking 50; (3R)-3-hydroxy-4-trimethylammonio-butanoate; (R)-Carnitine; L-gamma-trimethyl-beta-hydroxybutyrobetaine; 1-Propanaminium,3-carboxy-2-hydroxy-N,N,- N-trimethyl-,inner salt,(2R)-; L-Carnitine EP/USP; L-Carnitine Base (Vitamine BT); L-Carnitine base USP; R-(-)-3-hydroxy-4-trimethylaminobutyrate;
- HS Code:
- Molecular Structure:
- This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- white crystalline powder
- Molecular Weight:
- Melting Point:
- -31 o (C=10, H2O)
- Storage Temperature:
- Refractive index:
- -32 ° (C=1, H2O)
- 2500 g/L (20 °C)
- Essential cofactor of fatty acid metabolism; required for the transport of fatty acids through the inner mitochondrial membrane. Synthetized primarily in the liver and kidney; highest concentrations found in heart and skeletal muscle. Dietary source
Safety Data of 541-15-1
- Risk Codes:
- Safety Statements:
- MSDS infomation:
- L(-)-Carnitine (541-15-1).msds
Related Products Information
References of L(-)-Carnitine cas 541-15-1
||Reported Dose (Normalized Dose)
||Cancer Treatment Reports. Vol. 63, Pg. 558, 1979.
||Gekkan Yakuji. Pharmaceuticals Monthly. Vol. 9, Pg. 759, 1967.
||SENSE ORGANS AND SPECIAL SENSES: LACRIMATION: EYE
BEHAVIORAL: CONVULSIONS OR EFFECT ON SEIZURE THRESHOLD
GASTROINTESTINAL: CHANGES IN STRUCTURE OR FUNCTION OF SALIVARY GLANDS
|Acta Biologica et Medica Germanica. Vol. 35, Pg. 645, 1976.
?L-Carnitine (CAS NO.541-15-1) hasn't been listed as a carcinogen by ACGIH, IARC, NTP, or CA Prop 65. And the toxicological properties have not been fully investigated. You can see actual entry in RTECS for complete information.
Hazard Codes: Xi
Risk Statements: 36/37/38?
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Safety Statements: 26-36-37/39?
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.?
S36: Wear suitable protective clothing.?
S37/39: Wear suitable gloves and eye/face protection.
WGK Germany: 3
Hazard Note: Irritant
HS Code: 29239000?