- Name: Benzamide, 2-ethoxy-
- Molecular Formula: C9H11NO2
- Molecular Structure:
- CAS: 938-73-8
- EINECS: 213-346-4
- HS Code: 29242995
- Density: 1.111 g/cm3
- Chemical Properties:
- Refractive index: 1.538?
- Molecular Weight: 165.19
- Safety Statements: S24/25
- Solubility: <0.1 g/100 mL at 16 oC
- InChI: InChI=1/C9H11NO2/c1-2-12-8-6-4-3-5-7(8)9(10)11/h3-6H,2H2,1H3,(H2,10,11)
- Appearance: White or almost-white crystalline powder. Almost odorless. Tasteless.
- Water Solubility:
|<0.1 g/100 mL at 16 ºC|
- Stability: Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
- Toxicity: ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: When heated to decomposition 2-Ethoxybenzamide emits toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides.
WHITE TO ALMOST WHITE GRANULAR CRYSTALLINE POWDER
24/25:Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- Storage Temperature: Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. No special precautions indicated.
- Safety: Poison by intraperitoneal route. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Questionable carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also AMIDES.