- Classification:Pharmaceuticals and Biochemicals
- Cas NO.:59-51-8
- Molecular Formula:C5H11NO2S
- Melting Point:270-273℃
- Boiling Point:306.9 °C at 760 mmHg
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidising agents.
- Water Solubility:2.9 g/100 mL (20℃)
- Flash Point:139.4 °C
- Appearance:white crystalline powder with a faint odor
One of the 20 common amino acids.
- Brand Name:huachang pharmaceutical
Packaging & Delivery
- Packaging Detail:25KGSNET/DRUM
- Delivery Detail:
CAS NO ： 59-51-8
Molecular formula： C5H11NO2S
Molecular weight： 149.21
Product standard： AJI-92/97 Version， EP-4 Version， USP-24/26 Version， FCC-4 Version
Properties : White flaky crystal or crystalline powder. Has special smell. Slight sweet taste. Melting point: 281℃(decompound). 10% aqueous solution's Ph value is 5.6-6.1. No optical rotation, stable to heat and air. Unstable to strong acid, can cause the demethylation. Soluble in water(3.3g/100ml,25℃), diluted acid and diluted alkali solution. Very hard to dissolve in ethanol, almost does not dissolve in ether.
Use：DL-Methionine is one of the basic units for composing the protein, is the only sulfur bearing amino acid among the essential amino acids, it participated in the transmethylation interior the animal body, the phosphorus metabolism and the adrenalin, choline and creatine synthesis, it also is the raw material of the protein and cystine synthesis. Methionine is unable to synthesize in the animal body, must take in from food. Adds it in the feed, can promote the poultry to grow, increase lean meat quantity and reduce the feeding cycle.