- Classification:Organic Intermediate
- Cas NO.:4767-03-7
- Molecular Formula:C5H10O4
- Melting Point:185-190℃
- Boiling Point:366.7 °C at 760 mmHg
- Stability:Stable. Hygroscopic.
- Water Solubility:soluble
- Flash Point:189.7 °C
- Purity:99 %
- Appearance:white crystalline powder
Packaging & Delivery
- Packaging Detail:
- Delivery Detail:
Dimethylolpropionic acid is trifunctional compound having two primary hydroxyl groups and one tertiary carboxylic group. The carboxylic acid group is less reactive and dimethylolpropionic acid often react as a diol.
The free acid group actively promotes:
- resin water solubility or water dispersibility after neutralization with a base;
- easily introduces a polar group to improve coating adhesion and synthetic fibre dye receptivity;
- increases the alkali solubility of deposited films.
Water soluble alkyds and polyesters