- Classification: Detergent Raw Materials
- Cas NO.: 64-02-8
- Molecular Formula: C10H12N2Na4O8
- Melting Point: >300oC
- Boiling Point: Decomposes (> 400 C)
- Stability: Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Water Solubility: Soluble
- Refractive index:
- Flash Point: Not considered to be a fire hazard
- Purity: 99%min.
- Appearance: white creamy powder
- usage: Detergents and cleaning formulations, metal finishing, textiles, paper and pulps
- Brand Name: KylinQuest
- EINECS: 200-573-9
- Aliase: EDTA tetrasodium salt, tetrahydrate; Na4EDTA
- Purity: 99%min.
- Appearance:white crystalline powder.
- Brand: KylinQuest
Packaging & Delivery
- Packaging Detail: N.W. 25kgs in paper-PE bags
- Delivery Detail:
EDTA and its sodium salts are strong chelating agents and are very effective at preventing the deleterious effects of heavy metal ions like iron, manganese or copper. It exhibits excellent ability to dissolve various types of scale and can be described as a true all-around chelating agent.
- Soap/Detergents: Prevention of calcium and magnesium soap formation; improve detergency of soaps and detergents. Stabilizes perborate and percarbonate bleaches.
- Chemical Cleaning: Removes calcium oxalate, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, barium sulfate, and other type scales from process equipment.
- I & I Cleaners: Dissolves scale, prevents scale formation, improves detergency of surfactants. Prevents turbidity in concentrated liquid cleaners and shampoos. Minimizes effects of polyvalent metal ions on emulsions, lubricants and polishes.
- Metal Finishing: Removal of oxide films from metal articles; alkaline derusting; antistreak agents for pickling baths; alkaline degreasing.
- Textiles: Controls metal ions in scouring, boil-off, bleaching, dyeing, stripping and finishing operations. Protects fluorescent whitening agents from metal catalyzed oxidation and degradation. Protects dyes from color change.
- Pulp/Paper: Improves efficiency of hydro bleach; reduces metal catalyzed brightness reversion. Used in descaling process equipment. Protects dyes from precipitation with metals.
Appearance: white crystalline powder
Assay (Na4EDTA·4H2O): ≥ 99.0%
pH value (50g/L @ 25℃): 10.5 - 12.5
Heavy Metal (as Pb): ≤ 10 ppm
Iron (as Fe): ≤ 10 ppm
Chloride (as Cl): ≤ 0.05%
Chelating Value, mgCaCO3/g: ≥ 215